If you are following a low carb diet complete with food low in carbs, low carb meals, low carb bread, and other items on the low carb food list, you will find that having a big breakfast is the best way to enjoy your low carb living.
It will be a great meal that you will love, and it will allow you to eat all kinds of delicious foods!
Why Have Breakfast?
Many people around the world prefer to skip breakfast, as they feel that they aren’t hungry first thing in the morning. However, this can actually be a problem, as their bodies will start to deteriorate if they don’t have a solid breakfast. Most people don’t think that skipping breakfast is a problem, but there are many reasons that starting the day off with a good breakfast is one of the best things that you can do to get your day going on the right foot.
Here are a few reasons that breakfast is important:
It keeps you full – Did you know that having a hearty breakfast in the morning will help your stomach to stay fuller for longer? This is because your body is working a bit more slowly in the morning, so it will take a few minutes for your metabolism to get churning. However, once you have a full stomach, your body will burn the energy effectively – and continue burning it for the rest of the day. You will find that you will be much less hungry if you start the day with a solid breakfast, so it’s a good idea to fill your stomach with a hearty and healthy breakfast first thing in the morning.
It gives you a balanced diet – If there is one thing that most people enjoy, it is a healthy breakfast. There’s something about starting the morning with a nice omelet that is made with cheese, ham, and a few sautéed veggies. You may find that a nice breakfast bagel will help you to get your energy levels higher, and some fresh fruit will help to give you a zest for the new day. There really is nothing like starting off the day with a nice breakfast, and you will find that you will be more inspired to follow a healthy balance of nutrients when you eat breakfast.
It boosts your mind – Coffee is something that will get your adrenaline pumping and your nervous system working, but that will actually take its toll on your mind if you just start the day with coffee every single day. The goal is that you have a rounded breakfast that contains all of the nutrients that your body will need, and your brain will thank you for it. Seeing as you will have a whole lot of nutrients in your body, your brain will be able to burn all the energy it needs to continue working at full steam no matter how many hours you spend in meetings or sitting at a desk.
It gives you strength – Few people wake up in the morning with the goal of running out the door for a bit of exercise, but did you know that eating a hearty breakfast will give you enough energy to last you until your workout in the evening? This is because your body gets energy from the food that you eat in the morning, and it will supplement that energy with the food you put in your body at lunch time. By the time the afternoon and exercise time rolls around, you are at peak energy levels and ready for some good workouts.
It will benefit your heart – An interesting side effect of having a hearty breakfast is that you are more likely to make healthier eating choices. This is because you are starting the day with a clean slate, and most people will make choices that will benefit their bodies. You will find that you can actually help to lower your cholesterol levels by eating breakfast, and it will ensure that you eat more fruits, grains, and other healthy foods.
The truth is that breakfast is the most important meals of your day, and you need to eat plenty of food for breakfast if you want to be healthy. While your low carb breakfast will not contain the same foods as a regular breakfast, it is still just as important – more so in fact, seeing as you are keeping your carb consumption low. If you can eat a solid breakfast in the morning, you will find that you have lots more energy throughout the day!
Low Carb Breakfast Ideas and Tips
If you’re planning on having a nice low carb breakfast, the good news is that there are a lot of foods that you can enjoy! Here are a few ideas for you to enjoy a good low carb breakfast:
- Go With Eggs – Eggs are one of the best low carb foods that you can enjoy for breakfast, and the truth is that eating eggs will benefit you in many ways! Eggs are rich in protein, and they contain very few calories if you only eat the egg whites. Seeing as they are low in carbs, you can whip up and omelet or scrambled eggs with bacon, or even a brace of fried eggs with sausages!
- Try Cereals – There are a number of low carb cereals that you can eat in order to get a healthy and balanced breakfast, and you may find that these cereals will be just the thing that you need in order to have a solid breakfast. For example, there are cereals made from flax seeds, or you can whip up granola that is low in carbs. TVP oatmeal is a good low carb cereal, and all of these foods will go great when served with milk that is high in fat and has had the lactose removed!
- Dairy Breakfasts –There are many dairy breakfast foods that you can eat, such as cheese, milk, and yoghurt. These will all be fairly low in carbs, though you will need to find the natural and unsweetened yoghurts. You can mix a bowl of yoghurt with some low carb fruits and nuts, or you can try to find some nice cereal that is low in carbs. Cheese will go great with low carb breads or with eggs, and you can definitely enjoy a delicious breakfast with these dairy products.
- Go Meaty –Meats aren’t normally considered the best breakfast foods, but did you know that they are some of the best low carb foods around? You can enjoy a serving of steak in a Mexican low carb tomato sauce, or you can scramble up some bacon and eggs. The truth is that meat will be one of the best and most filling choices for your breakfast, and it will give you the most energy of any food. You can pretty much eat as much meat as you want, so why not include it in your breakfast?
- Try Fruit –– There are some fruits that will be low in carbs, such as berries, plums, guavas, and papayas. These fruits will be a delicious treat to add to your breakfast, and they can help you to satisfy your AM sweet tooth. It will be so much nicer to enjoy a bowl of yoghurt with some berries, as it will be slightly sweet without adding too many carbs to your diet.
Try these ideas for your delicious low carb breakfast, and you may just find that it becomes your favorite meal of the day – and all low in carbs!
Go to the top of this page about Low Carb Breakfast.